Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Moist steamed scallops with a zingy Chinese-style sauce make a sensational starter in this fabulous fuss-free recipe.
- 4 scallops
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- gingerroot, shredded and washed in iced water
- Clean the scallops and reserve one of the shells.
- Brush the scallops with garlic. Put the scallops in a scallop shell.
- Mix the soy sauce and chili garlic sauce together, and pour the mixture onto the scallops.
- Put the shell into a bamboo steamer, and steam for 4 to 5 minutes. Take the scallops out the shell and serve immediately, garnished with ginger.