Recipe by love4culinary
These dumplings are to die for! I hope you enjoy them! (prep time includes time for cooking... I just cant figure out how exactly to work it out between the two boxes!)
Top Review by lotusflwr
I used a different dumpling dough, but both the dumpling and sauce recipes were DELICIOUS! My husband is completely addicted to chinese take-out dumplings, and he was floored that the filling and sauce was exactly like the steamed dumplings we always get for him. It was so gratifying making them for him at home. He said we'll never have to get Chinese take-out again!
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 6 ounces boiling water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 lb ground pork or 1 lb ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons minced scallions
- shredded cabbage (amount depends on how much you wish to use)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced scallion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide the flour into two separate bowls.
- In first bowl, add 1/4 cup of cold water and mix with a spoon until a dough forms.
- In second bowl, add 6 oz of boiling water and mix with a spoon until a dough forms.
- Place 1 tbs.of additional flour on a work surface.
- Remove the dough from the bowls and knead them together on the floured work surface for 10 minutes.
- Form the dough into a ball and then cover with a dry cloth and allow it to rest for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 24 evenly sized pieces by cutting the dough ball into 1/8's.
- Roll the pieces into a log and cut it into three, then roll the dough into little balls using additional flour if necessary flatten the dough In the palm of your hand-- into 3 1/2 inch circles.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the ground pork or ground turkey, minced scallion, cabbage, grated ginger, dry sherry, soy sauce, sesame oil and salt thoroughly.
- Using the dough circles, place 1 tbs.of meat filling in the middle.
- Fold the dough circle in half over the filling to make a half moon shape.
- Press the edges together to seal the dumpling.
- Turn the dumpling so the straight edge is facing you.
- Fold the two corners located at 9 and 3 o'clock to the center at 12 o'clock and press the dough to seal.
- Cook the dumplings in two batches in boiling water for 6 minutes.
- Remove from the water with a slotted spoon.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
- Combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, minced scallions and minced garlic together and mix thoroughly.
- Place the dipping sauce into a serving dish.
- Drizzle the dipping sauce over the hot steamed dumplings before serving.