Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger, divided
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 4 ounces lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup sliced canned bamboo shoot (drained and rinsed)
- white pepper
- 2 cups hot brown rice
- In a small cup, combine oil, 1/2 teaspoon garlic, 1/2 teaspoon ginger and soy sauce.
- Rub into chicken breasts and set aside while completing other preparations before steaming.
- (Chicken can be marinated up to 2 hours in a refrigerator; bring to room temperature before steaming.) Place chicken on plate used for steaming.
- Steam until chicken is almost tender.
- Add bell peppers and bamboo shoots.
- Sprinkle remaining garlic and ginger over vegetables.
- Continue steaming until chicken and peppers are tender.
- Cut chicken into thin bite-size slices, then re-combine with vegetables.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with rice.