- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1 pinch salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 250 g broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornflour, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1⁄4 cup toasted almond
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the lemon grass, garlic and ginger together, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and rub over the chicken. Leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Put just enough water into a steamer or pan and place the rack or steamer basket on top. Place the chicken and seasoning inside, cover and steam for 15-20 minutes.
- Scatter over the broccoli florets and cook for another two minutes. Remove the steamer tray and set aside.
- Whilst cooking the fragrant chicken juices should have dripped down into the water to make a stock and evaporated to leave approximately a glass full of liquid (about 80-100ml - if you find you have too much liquid, bring to a fast boil and reduce).
- Thicken the stock with cornflour and season if necessary.
- To serve, arrange the chicken on a plate and scatter over the broccoli, and toasted almonds then drizzle with the sauce. Serve with steamed rice.