1/3 Photos of Steamed Chicken With Lemongrass and Ginger
A low fat, fragrant and wonderful asian dish. One of the rare healthy but luscious :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the lemon grass, garlic and ginger together, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and rub over the chicken. Leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- 2Put just enough water into a steamer or pan and place the rack or steamer basket on top. Place the chicken and seasoning inside, cover and steam for 15-20 minutes.
- 3Scatter over the broccoli florets and cook for another two minutes. Remove the steamer tray and set aside.
- 4Whilst cooking the fragrant chicken juices should have dripped down into the water to make a stock and evaporated to leave approximately a glass full of liquid (about 80-100ml - if you find you have too much liquid, bring to a fast boil and reduce).
- 5Thicken the stock with cornflour and season if necessary.
- 6To serve, arrange the chicken on a plate and scatter over the broccoli, and toasted almonds then drizzle with the sauce. Serve with steamed rice.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Chicken With Lemongrass and Ginger
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.3
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 172.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 32.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt & freshly ground black pepper