Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This creates a great aroma when the packages are first opened at the table--the packages hold the flavors in the chicken. I'm a huge chicken fan, and this is a very simple but tasty way to serve it.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 -2 medium tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 2 tablespoons shredded fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- lime juice, for drizzling
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Rinse the chicken breasts, and either cut or pound the chicken to create cutlets of about equal size.
- Tear off squares of aluminum foil (enough to wrap around the chicken and then some) and place each chicken breast on a square.
- Slice the tomato (es) and place a slice or two atop of each breast.
- Drizzle the chicken with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the basil on top of the chicken breasts evenly.
- Add salt and pepper to each breast.
- Loosely fold up the foil over each cutlet, leaving both room for air space but folded up enough not to allow oil to drip out.
- Place all packages in a large baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve while still packaged; allow each diner to open his/her package at the table.
Oh yum, this was good. I added some sliced onion and no-salt seasoning mix. Served with fresh corn on the cob and homeade coleslaw. Will make again.