Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is a little different than my Caribbean Chicken primarily by the elimination of any fat source. It is equally as tasty and a little better for the waistline. Just try not to be tempted to eat double portions because of the low fat content. The Asian Black Beans in Garlic Sauce are, once again, the magical ingredient here along with my cant-get-enough-of-it Chinese Five Spice Powder. Enjoy!
- 9 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce (Ginger Teriyaki Sauce)
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken-flavored broth
- 3 cups water
- 4 carrots (chopped)
- 2 cups celery (chopped)
- 1 green pepper
- 14 ounces bean sprouts (one can drained, rinsed well)
- 5 ounces bamboo shoots (one can drained, rinsed well)
- 5 ounces water chestnuts (one can drained, rinsed well)
- 2 tablespoons black beans (Asian Black Bean Garlic Sauce)
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and marinade overnight in Ginger Teriyaki Sauce. In a large nonstick pan, heat water to a boil and dissolve soup base. Add carrots and boil until tender (approximately 5 minutes). Add the remaining ingredients and simmer covered 15 minutes more stirring ocassionally. Serve over cooked jasmine rice. Enjoy!