Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The flavors in this simple steamed dish are surprising good. Place the chicken on top of the broccoli inside the steamer for best flavor.
- Place water in the steamer pot (enough to boil for 30 or more minutes) and place over medium heat.
- wash and chop the broccoli, and/or cauliflower and place in the steamer basket.
- Slice chicken breasts into halves or thirds and place over the vegetables.
- Salt and pepper the basket contents to taste.
- When the water is boiling, add the basket and cover tightly with a lid.
- After 5 minutes or so of steaming, separate the chicken pieces gently with a fork and continue steaming.
- Steam until all is done (about 165 for the chicken and 190 to 200F for the broccoli). This is usually about 12 to 15 minutes if the chicken is divided.