Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another cake recipe from the cookbook.
- 100 g butter
- 100 g sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 200 g bottled sweet chestnuts
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 1 dash vanilla
- Lightly butter the side of the pan and lay a sheet of wax paper along the bottom.
- Soften butter to room temperature.
- Cut up the chestnuts finely.
- Knead the butter in a small mixing bowel, till creamy.
- Add sugar little at a time and mix well until creamy.
- Add egg yolks, vanilla and milk gradually, mixing well with each addtion.
- Add chestnuts and breadcrumbs, mix briefly.
- Place the bowl of egg whites inside another bowl, of ice water.
- Beat the egg whites until they stiffen.
- Fold chestnuts and bread crumbs mixture into egg white.
- Mix with just a few strokes and pour into 10 inch tube pan.
- Butter oneside od a sheet of alminum foil and cover the top of the tin with it (buttered side down).
- Place the cake in a preheated steamer and steam on medium 30 to 40 minutes.