Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I forget where on the web I found this recipe, probably at a CSA farm website, but it stated the recipe was adapted from Vegetables from Amaranth to Zucchini, by Elizabeth Schneider. I forgot the zest and I used crystallized ginger, which I assume is essentially the same as candied ginger. The sweetness of the ginger combines well with the flavor of the greens. The seasoning amounts depend on your personal taste.
- 3⁄4 lb chard leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon full-flavored olive oil
- grated lemon zest or orange zest
- lemon juice
- chopped candied ginger
- Prepare chard by washing well and chopping up coarsely.
- Steam leaves for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Toss chard with remaining ingredients.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.