I found this in an ad (junkmail). It's SO good with really fresh new potatoes from the farmer's market. I threw in some freshly chopped thyme as well and it was really nice.
- 2 lbs new potatoes or 2 lbs red potatoes or 2 lbs white potatoes, cut in half (or a combination of both)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley or 3 tablespoons thyme or 3 tablespoons rosemary (add any herbs to this mixture that you like)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- Steam the potatoes, covered, over boiling water until cooked, testing with a bamboo skewer to avoid splitting them, for about 15 minutes.
- Mix butter, herbs and salt and toss potatoes in the mixture until coated.
- Serve hot.
This is a great, healthy recipe. My hubby loved them. We even heated the leftovers up in a skillet the next evening. Will def make again.
Excellent recipe! I used baby white potatoes and thyme. We really enjoyed them fixed this way and will use your recipe often. I steamed the potatoes in my rice cooker and they were perfect. Thanks for sharing.
I used fingerling white potatoes that I get at the farmers market. This recipe is another delicious to way to fix them and so very easy, used rosemary as the herb of choice. Next time I will use small red potatoes. The bambo skewer is good as they don't split. Thank you Jude for another deliocous recipe.