A lovely and unusual side dish to all kind of roasts and birds. From the book "The French Farmhouse Kitchen" by Eileen Reece.
My Private Note
side di ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove leaves and roots from radishes and wash quickly under cold running water. Do not allow them to soak. Peel and coarsely chop the onions.
- 2Melt half of the butter in a wide-based pan in which radishes can eventually be placed in one layer.
- 3When the butter foams, add the onions, season well and saute over low heat, shaking the pan so that they soften without coloring.
- 4Add the radishes and turn over the mixture with a wooden spoon.
- 5Pour into the pan just enough cold water to cover the bottom, cover with a well fitting lid and cook for 5 minutes, no more.
- 6Add the rest of the butter cut to in small pieces, stir well, test for seasoning and correct if necessary.
- 7Pour into a heated serving dish and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Buttered Radishes - Radis Au Beurre à La Vapeur
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.4
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.4 mg
- Sodium 117.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 0.9 g