Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A lovely and unusual side dish to all kind of roasts and birds. From the book "The French Farmhouse Kitchen" by Eileen Reece.
- Remove leaves and roots from radishes and wash quickly under cold running water. Do not allow them to soak. Peel and coarsely chop the onions.
- Melt half of the butter in a wide-based pan in which radishes can eventually be placed in one layer.
- When the butter foams, add the onions, season well and saute over low heat, shaking the pan so that they soften without coloring.
- Add the radishes and turn over the mixture with a wooden spoon.
- Pour into the pan just enough cold water to cover the bottom, cover with a well fitting lid and cook for 5 minutes, no more.
- Add the rest of the butter cut to in small pieces, stir well, test for seasoning and correct if necessary.
- Pour into a heated serving dish and serve immediately.