Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A vegan version from Veggie Life
- 1⁄4 ounce active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup warm water, 110F
- 1 cup barely warm soymilk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 4 cups unbleached white flour
- cooking spray
- In mixing bowl combine yeast and water. Stir to dissolve. Add milk, sugar and shortening until sugar dissolves. Add 1/2 of the flour and mix well.
- Add remaining flour, mix and knead in bowl until smooth and elastic.
- spray a mixing bowl. Place dough in and cover let rise until double in bulk.
- Roll on lightly floured surface, fill and shape according to your recipe.