Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I tried this recipe when I was on a low-carb diet over a year ago. I was surprised at how great these were. They were the tastiest Brussels sprouts I've ever had. I got the recipe from the Atkins website, and I still use it.
- 1 pint Brussels sprout, halved,outer leaves removed,bottoms trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, grated for rind,then halved
- In a medium pot with tight-fitting lid, set a steamer basket over 1 1/2 inches water.
- Add Brussels sprouts and steam over high heat until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add salt& cook, watching carefully, until butter sizzles, browns slightly, and gives off a nutty aroma.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon halves into the pan and add the zest.
- Stir in the Brussels sprouts and cook, shaking the pan occasionally until warmed through.
Great way to prepare brussel sprouts. The lemon is aromatic and flavourful. Mine were a bit bitter but I don't think it had anything to do with the recipe. I will use this recipe again. This recipe was made for 2010 Spring PAC.
Easy tasty recipe - steam the sprouts ahead of time have the butter & lemon ready and 10 minutes before serving finish the sprouts - lovely flavor combination with the lemon, butter & sprouts