I tried this recipe when I was on a low-carb diet over a year ago. I was surprised at how great these were. They were the tastiest Brussels sprouts I've ever had. I got the recipe from the Atkins website, and I still use it.
- In a medium pot with tight-fitting lid, set a steamer basket over 1 1/2 inches water.
- Add Brussels sprouts and steam over high heat until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add salt& cook, watching carefully, until butter sizzles, browns slightly, and gives off a nutty aroma.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon halves into the pan and add the zest.
- Stir in the Brussels sprouts and cook, shaking the pan occasionally until warmed through.