1/1 Photo of Steamed Brussels Sprouts With Lemony Brown Butter
I tried this recipe when I was on a low-carb diet over a year ago. I was surprised at how great these were. They were the tastiest Brussels sprouts I've ever had. I got the recipe from the Atkins website, and I still use it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium pot with tight-fitting lid, set a steamer basket over 1 1/2 inches water.
- 2Add Brussels sprouts and steam over high heat until tender, about 10 minutes.
- 3Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add salt& cook, watching carefully, until butter sizzles, browns slightly, and gives off a nutty aroma.
- 5Squeeze the juice from the lemon halves into the pan and add the zest.
- 6Stir in the Brussels sprouts and cook, shaking the pan occasionally until warmed through.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Brussels Sprouts With Lemony Brown Butter
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.4
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 382.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 1.6 g