Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm still trying to get heart healthy with this one!! It has walnuts plus great veggies for your heart!! The vinaigrette is made with canola oil instead of butter. Plus, the veggies are steamed so it's easy to make!!!
- 4 small carrots
- 1 lb fresh baby Brussels sprout
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Peel and slice your carrots and cut the stems off of your brussels sprouts. If you have any too big sprouts, cut them in half so they are about the same size as all the pieces, so you have even cooking.
- Put the veggies into a steamer with lid and steam for 15 minutes until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, mix together the vinegar, syrup, oil, salt, and pepper for the vinaigrette.
- After steaming, pour the veggies into a bowl with the nuts and pour the vinaigrette over them.
- Toss to coat then serve!
Sweet, tangy, nutty, and tasty. This is a wonderful side, beautiful colors and wonderful flavors. Made as written other than left out the oil. May take this to This would be a great side for Thanksgiving. Thank you so much for such a yummy and healthy post.