Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Nutritious and a great compliment to poultry, pork or beef.
Make and share this Steamed Brown Rice With Tomato and Garlic recipe from Food.com.
- In a pot with a tight-fitting lid combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, cooking uncovered; stir occasionally.
- When rice boils, cover pot and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 45 minutes (do NOT uncover or stir).
- Remove from heat and let sit with lid on for 10 minutes.
- Microwave Directions: In a casserole dish with a lid combine all ingredients. Microwave, covered, for 5 minutes on HIGH. Microwave for 30 minutes at 50% power. Let sit with lid on for 10 minutes.
This was a very nice side dish. My rice was a little bit undercooked, so next time I am going to ry making it with 5 c. tomato juice. Thanks, littleturtle! Will definitely make again.