Nutritious and a great compliment to poultry, pork or beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a pot with a tight-fitting lid combine all ingredients.
- 2Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, cooking uncovered; stir occasionally.
- 3When rice boils, cover pot and reduce heat to low.
- 4Cook for 45 minutes (do NOT uncover or stir).
- 5Remove from heat and let sit with lid on for 10 minutes.
- 6Microwave Directions: In a casserole dish with a lid combine all ingredients. Microwave, covered, for 5 minutes on HIGH. Microwave for 30 minutes at 50% power. Let sit with lid on for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Brown Rice With Tomato and Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.9
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 371.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: