1 hr 5 mins
Nutritious and a great compliment to a spicy main dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a pot with a tight-fitting lid combine all ingredients.
- 2Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, cooking uncovered; stir occasionally.
- 3When rice boils, cover pot and reduce heat to low.
- 4Cook for 45 minutes (do NOT uncover or stir).
- 5Remove from heat and let sit with lid on for 10 minutes.
- 6Microwave Directions: In a casserole dish with a lid combine all ingredients. Microwave, covered, for 5 minutes on HIGH. Microwave for 30 minutes at 50% power. Let sit with lid on for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Brown Rice With Coconut and Ginger
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.1
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 2.4 mg
- Sodium 437.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 7.1 g