Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Nutritious and a great compliment to a spicy main dish.
- 2 cups brown rice, rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk (can use reduced-fat)
- 2 3⁄4 cups chicken stock or 2 3⁄4 cups water
- 4 teaspoons gingerroot, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- In a pot with a tight-fitting lid combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, cooking uncovered; stir occasionally.
- When rice boils, cover pot and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 45 minutes (do NOT uncover or stir).
- Remove from heat and let sit with lid on for 10 minutes.
- Microwave Directions: In a casserole dish with a lid combine all ingredients. Microwave, covered, for 5 minutes on HIGH. Microwave for 30 minutes at 50% power. Let sit with lid on for 10 minutes.