Recipe by Galley Wench
I love brown rice, it's a classic dish that can be dressed up or down to fit occasion. This recipe comes from the Fiddlehead Cookbook.
Top Review by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
This turned out perfect! I halved the recipe and it was done in half the time, how can you beat that!?! I only added salt because I am serving the rice with Turkey and Sausage Jambalaya which is highly seasoned. Believe it or not this is my first time making brown rice. It's a winner! Thanks a bunch Galley Wench!
- 2⁄3 tablespoon oil
- 2⁄3 cup brown rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add rice and stir until it begins to crackle, about two minutes.
- Add water and seasonings.
- Cover pot, bring to a boil and reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Cook for 45-55 minutes until rice is fluffy and has absorbed all the water.
- Remove from heat, transfer to a serving dish, and serve at once.