Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
150 Best Slow Cooker Recipes makes 1 large loaf
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup rye flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Make a well in the center.
- In a separate bowl, mix together buttermilk, molasses and oil. Pour into dry ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared tins or baking dish. Cover tops with foil and secure with string.
- Place in slow cooker and pour in enough boiling water to come 1 inch up the sides of the dishes.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours. Unmold and serve warm.