Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
From Taste.com - the original recipe included the use of 1 bunch of baby choy sum. if you wish to include this vegetable then separate the choy sum stems and add to the steamer for the last 1 to 2 minutes of steaming the broccolini.
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cm ginger (fresh peeled and finely grated)
- 1 bunch Broccolini (trimmed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Combine soy sauce, honey and ginger in a jug and set aside.
- Place a large steamer over a wok or large saucepan of simmering water (I use an electric steamer).
- Place broccolini in steamer and cook covered for 6 to 7 minutes or until just tender and then transfer to a bowl.
- Add sauce mix and toss to combine and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Made recipe as written, though I used fresh broccoli, and made for a frat side with dinner. The honey/soysauce mixture made for a real nice flavor. Made for PRMR tag.
Very good and fast veggie side! Made as written, well I forgot to toast the sesame seeds but they were still good un-toasted. I liked that the honey made the soy sauce and ginger not so salty/tart tasting but not making the sauce too sweet. Made for 123Hits.
I made this recipe with broccoli instead and WOW this is great!
Everything was as per recipe BUT once again, as usual I forgot to use the sesame seeds. I got them all ready, but just forgot them, found them in the oven a few hours later!....lol
But we loved this Pat, such a change from the normal old cheese and broccoli. So easy and quick to prepare and I will be making this more often. I bet it taste's even better with sesame seeds! ;-)