Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Gourmet. October 2004
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli, tough stems discarded (1 large bunch)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 ounces finely grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese (3/4 cup)
- Cut broccoli into 1 1/2- to 2-inch-wide florets. Peel stem and cut lengthwise into 1/3-inch-wide sticks.
- Steam broccoli in a steamer rack set over boiling water, covered, until tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and toss with oil, cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
Good basic broccoli side dish. I steamed my broccoli in the microwave in a microwave bag and then added the other ingredients. Made for a nice vegetable dish.
Very Good! I have always had cheddar cheese with my broccoli, but not parmesan. The parmesan cheese was delicious and was a great combination! Prepared as a participant in the March 2010 "March Into Spring Event" in the Diabetic Forum.