Recipe by Gina Farina
My Italian mother made broccoli at least 2 times a week, every week -- and now I do the same for my DH and 3 sons: they devour mountains of this broccoli. It's so good for you!
- 1 head broccoli (the smaller and more purple the buds, the better)
- 1 fresh lemon
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the broccoli and trim off the very bottom of the thick stem. You can either steam the entire head whole or cut it up into florets.
- Steam the broccoli (but don't over cook it).
- Lay out on a platter.
- Drizzle with lots of fresh lemon juice.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil to taste.
- (Optional) add fresh minced garlic to taste.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- This can be served either hot or room temperature.