Prep 7 mins
Cook 8 mins
Adapted from a recipe by Dorothy Smith, via TOH.
- 16 ounces broccoli florets
- 2 small firm yellow squash or 2 small firm zucchini, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- black pepper
- shaved parmesan cheese
- Steam vegetables for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Heat olive oil, butter, lemon juice, garlic, and oregano until fragrant.
- Toss steamed veggies with butter mix, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste as well.
- Garnish with shaved parmesan cheese if desired.
I did make a few changes to the recipe but decided to give it stars anyways since no one else has reviewed this. I always steam my broccoli (in the microwave) but not squash because that just sounds tasteless... so I sauteed the squash. I only used one squash since it seemed larger than the ones called for. I reduced the oil/butter/lemon to one Tbs each and was happy with that. Also the thought of just tossing in raw garlic was unappealing so I sauteed the garlic for a little while with the other seasonings in the pan with the squash.