Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 min
Broccoli as a Fast and Healthy Snack/Side. It's simple, and probably common sense, but it's VERY good!
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 tablespoon salad dressing
- You can use fresh broccoli, frozen, or what I like to do is get the pre-cut, pre-washed package of "fresh" florets. Just divide it all up into a few snack-sized portions in a zip-lock bag, add a teaspoon of water and toss in the fridge (no water needed if it's frozen).
- When it's time for a snack, toss one of the bags (with the zip NOT sealed!) into the microwave for about 30 seconds (depending on the power of your microwave). This will steam the broccoli in the bag.
- Remove and add a tablespoon or 2 of your favorite dressing (I like low-fat Ranch), seal the bag and shake it up to coat everything with the dressing.
- Pour into a bowl for a fast, easy, healthy snack.
WOW! It is common sense:) I was about to purchase a steamer this weekend but this method has put that on hold. Broccoli was perfect. Thanks Shaun!
This is a neat way to do broccoli, very quick, nice and crisp and tasty too!! I used light Italian dressing, 2 teaspoons, really quite delicious! Thanks for posting!Back again Aug 1/08, I do broccoli this way often, stays nice and crisp and the dressing adds a lovely flavour, I used 3 cheese ranch this time, YUM!
Can't get much easier, and great when you have no more room on the stovetop! I used fresh broccoli, so it took about 1 minute. Used Gardening Girl's Asian Vinaigrette for the dressing. Made for Spring 2008 PAC.