Recipe by mollypaul
Substitute blackberries or cranberries for the blueberries, if you wish. From the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries, washed and picked over for stems
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients together; cut in butter and add bread crumbs and sugar.
- Add eggs and milk, mix thoroughly and carefully fold in blueberries.
- Pour into a greased mold, cover tightly and steam for two hours.
- Serve with hard sauce or your favorite pudding sauce.