Recipe by Cookin4fun
This is my mom's recipe.. and one of my favorite so far. Taste just like the steamed ribs at a Chinese restaurant.
- 1 lb pork spareribs, cut into 1/2 inch
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 chili peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons black bean garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut any excess fat off the spare ribs.
- Combine all the ingredients and spare ribs into a heat proof bowl.
- Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Place the spare ribs into a steamer, steam for one hour or until tender on medium high heat.
- Note: for those who don't have a steamer, I suggest to use a wok. Place 2 wooden chop stick diagonally on the wok and 2 more wooden chop stick horizontal on the wok. Fill the wok with water just a little bit below the chopstick. Then, place the spare ribs on top of the chop stick; afterward, cover and steam, but you have to check it often (every 15 minutes or so) to refill water into the wok.