Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
Black Alaska Cod is worth it's weight in gold so I am fussy how I cook it. Try to find thick chunks . Don't buy the thin tail piece there is no flesh and it tastes over smoked. This recipe is so simple I feel silly posting it but if you haven't steamed it try it. You may make a sauce but I like it just buttered with salt & pepper
- 340.19 g alaska black smoked cod, skin on, bone still in
- 355 ml can lager beer, apprx 1 1/3 cups or 355 ml can water
- 236.59 ml water
- 44.37 ml butter
- salt & pepper
- Place the fish, skin side down in it top part of the steamer Steamer pot (like a double boiler but with an insert with holes to allow the steam to come through or a Chinese steamer basket).
- Pour Beer/water into the bottom half.
- Bring to a boil& steam the fish until it flakes apprx 20 minutes depending on the thickness of the filet.
- When coked remove the skin& bones.
- Lightly butter the flaked fish.
- Add salt& Pepper.