1/8 Photos of Steamed Black Alaska Cod
Black Alaska Cod is worth it's weight in gold so I am fussy how I cook it. Try to find thick chunks . Don't buy the thin tail piece there is no flesh and it tastes over smoked. This recipe is so simple I feel silly posting it but if you haven't steamed it try it. You may make a sauce but I like it just buttered with salt & pepper
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the fish, skin side down in it top part of the steamer Steamer pot (like a double boiler but with an insert with holes to allow the steam to come through or a Chinese steamer basket).
- 2Pour Beer/water into the bottom half.
- 3Bring to a boil& steam the fish until it flakes apprx 20 minutes depending on the thickness of the filet.
- 4When coked remove the skin& bones.
- 5Lightly butter the flaked fish.
- 6Add salt& Pepper.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Black Alaska Cod
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.3
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 162.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: