Recipe by mianbao
I am posting this in response to a request. I have not made it myself. It is a recipe by Amy Beh at the Star of Malaysia. The times and servings are guesses.
- 1 sheet dried bean curd skin
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon grated garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped carrots
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil (mildly flavored)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 10 -11 stalks kale, blanched (Hong Kong kai lan)
- 1 tablespoon chopped spring onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped red chili pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wet the sheet of beancurd.
- Fold it 5 or 6 times, then cut it into retangular pieces.
- Place on a heatproof plate.
- Combine ginger, garlic, carrot, soy sauce, oils, sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Spoon mixture over beancurd pieces.
- Steam over rapidly boiling water 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked.
- Line a serving plate with blanched Hong Kong kai lan.
- Arrange the steamed beancurd on the green vegetable.
- Garnish and serve.