Recipe by MrsSnax
This was on PBS's "Everyday Food" a few weeks back and I tried it out last week. I've passed this recipe on twice since then. Delicious, quick, healthy.
Top Review by ladypit
This was one of the ones I chose to try with my beautiful baby bok choy from the farmers market. This went together very quickly. I too did not cook the broc. for the full 5 minutes. This has very nice flavor. I thought it was worthy of a 4, but dh loved it and thought it was a 5+. So we agreed on a 5! Oh, and I reduced the oil to 1/2 a tbsp. and used olive oil infused with garlic. Very nice.
- 1 lb fresh broccoli
- 1 lb fresh baby bok choy
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (originally called for 2 T, but I thought it was too much)
- 2 teaspoons finely minced ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut broccoli head into florets and stems into bite sized pieces.
- Cut the leaves off the bok choy and cut the stems into bite sized chunks.
- Steam the broccoli and the stems of the bok choy in half a cup of boiling water for 5 minutes or until they are bright green.
- Remove lid and boil water out.
- Add garlic and oil and stir well.
- Add bok choy leaves.
- Cover pot briefly til leaves just wilt.
- Add ginger and soy sauce.
- Stir, then serve.