Recipe by COOKGIRl
From 1,000 Vegetarian Recipes. Use tender stalks of fresh asparagus or if not available, frozen asparagus will do.
Top Review by NewCooker
This looks so great on the table! I actually undercooked the asparagus because I was so afraid I would overcook it! I dont know which would have been better? Seperately, the walnuts and asparagus aren't that great, but together they create a really good and interesting taste to where you have to keep trying more! I think the only thing is that I would have preferred a sauce with it as well. Maybe you could just add more butter to get that?
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, dry roasted
- 1 lb asparagus, bottoms snapped off
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest, grated finely
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In saute pan, dry roast the walnuts. Set aside to cool then very coarsely chop.
- In large pot steam the asparagus just until tender. Do not overcook. Arrange the asparagus on a serving platter.
- In the saute pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Cook and stir the butter constantly until it browns and smells nutty. DO NOT burn! Stir in the roasted walnuts and lemon zest.
- Pour the browned butter sauce over the asparagus and serve immediately.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.