Recipe by KittyKitty
A recipe from my mom. Asparagus is a real favorite around our house, and I am always looking for different ways to serve it. This recipe is very simple and quick.And you can prepare it up to 2 days ahead. The asparagus is just right, crisp-tender, not soggy, contrary to what some people think ( thanks to canned asparagus), asparagus should NEVER be soggy and limp!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 4 lbs fresh asparagus
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients. Cover and chill uo to 2 days, if desired.
- Snap of tough ends of asparagus. Cook in boiling salted water to cover, 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. PLunge asparagus into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain. COver and chill, if desires. Serve with dip.