1/3 Photos of Steamed Asparagus With Almond Butter
A simple but elegant way to serve asparagus. This can also be prepared one day ahead. From Bon Appetit, Keep It Simple cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy small skillet over low heat.
- 2Add shallots and garlic and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 3Pour into medium bowl.
- 4Add remaining 6 tablespoons butter, parsley, lemon juice and peel to shallot mixture and whisk to blend.
- 5Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Steam asparagus until crisp-tender.
- 7(Can be made 1 day ahead; cover butter mixture and asparagus separately; chill).
- 8Place butter mixture in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- 9Add almonds and cook until butter browns, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- 10Add asparagus and stir until heated through.
- 11Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 12Divide asparagus among plates.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Asparagus With Almond Butter
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.4
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 18.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 4.2 g