Recipe by lazyme
A simple but elegant way to serve asparagus. This can also be prepared one day ahead. From Bon Appetit, Keep It Simple cookbook.
Top Review by Charlotte J
Loved the toasted almonds in the butter on this. Once again I don't know why I put off making this, as it was super easy to make. The only thing I'd change would be to use less lemon, as it over powers the asparagus. Thank you for posting! Made for *My Three Chefs* 2008 my Theme: *Asparagus*
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature (1 stick)
- 3 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 2 lbs asparagus, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy small skillet over low heat.
- Add shallots and garlic and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Pour into medium bowl.
- Add remaining 6 tablespoons butter, parsley, lemon juice and peel to shallot mixture and whisk to blend.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Steam asparagus until crisp-tender.
- (Can be made 1 day ahead; cover butter mixture and asparagus separately; chill).
- Place butter mixture in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add almonds and cook until butter browns, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Add asparagus and stir until heated through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide asparagus among plates.