Recipe by Summerwine
Lunch, snack, starter or side dish, every bite is heaven for an asparagus lover!! Since this is steamed it is also lower in fat which makes it even nicer. Danish Havarti Cheese is a soft cheese that has a hint taste of Swiss cheese to it, yet creamy and melts nicely. This is good for a low carb diet as well.
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms (I used button)
- 1⁄2 cup danish havarti cheese (shredded)
- sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill steamer or steamer pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Wash and slice mushrooms and place into colander of steamer.
- Wash asparagus and snap off end of stalks.
- Place on top of mushrooms in the colander.
- Cover and steam until the asparagus is tender yet still a bit crisp.
- Remove from colander to warm plate and immediately sprinkle cheese over top.
- Sprinkle sea salt over top using your discretion.
- Serve hot.