1/1 Photo of Steamed Artichokes with Garlic Lemon Butter
This is a lovely special occasion appetizer or dinner. The lemon garlic butter is just wonderful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut stems and top 1 1/2 inches from artichokes.
- 2Cut away first outside row of artichoke leaves.
- 3Using scissors, cut off pointed tips of leaves.
- 4Place Artichokes in steamer.
- 5Steam artichokes until knife pierces base easily, adding more water if necessary, about 25 minutes.
- 6Heat oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 7Add garlic and thyme; cook 1 minute.
- 8Add lemon juice and butter.
- 9whisk until butter melts.
- 10Season with salt and pepper.
- 11Serve artichokes warm with seasoned butter.
- 12Dip leaves and pull off flesh with teeth and dunk heart when you reach it.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Artichokes with Garlic Lemon Butter
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.4
- Calories from Fat 330
- Total Fat 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 285.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 4.9 g