Recipe by 4Susan
Because these steaks steam in aluminum pouches, you can buy less expensive cuts. Grill using a low fire and give the steaks plenty of time to tenderize and make their own succulent sauce. From Camping Life magazine.
Top Review by Stevie Oertel
I have never steamed steaks before so I was skeptical about trying this out on the crew. I bought a huge hunk of meat, but it up and made these to from rare to medium. Everyone absoluted loved them. It was nice and tender and the flavour was sooo great.
- 4 lean boneless beef chuck steaks
- cooking spray
- 4 slices onions, thick slices from a large onion
- 1 sweet red peppers or 1 sweet green pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay out four squares of foil large enough to wrap the steaks.
- Spray a spot on the foil and place a slice of onion on each.
- Top with a steak, add salt and pepper, and sprinkle with diced pepper.
- Spoon vinegrette over steaks, seal foil and place over low-medium grill.
- Grill for 45 minutes, turning every 10 minutes, then test for doneness.
- If steaks aren't yet tender give them another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with foil-baked potatoes and coleslaw.