Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Tasty Pakistani main course dish.
- 1 (4 lb) whole chickens
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- salt (to taste)
- black bell pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed (Zeera)
- red chili powder (to taste, depending on spice preference)
- 4 teaspoons of any poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup lowfat curds
- 1 cup water
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken well on all sides. Place the trivet in a pressure cooker. Sprinkle chicken with ginger paste, garlic paste, salt, black peppers, cumin seeds, red chili powder, poultry seasoning, garam masala , lemon juice and plain curd. Then place on trivet.
- Add water. Seal cooker, bring up to high pressure, reduce heat to stabilize pressure and cook for 5 minutes for each pound of chicken.
- Remove cooker from heat and release pressure. Let chicken stand for 15 minutes before carving into serving pieces.