- 2 (20 ounce) packages frozen mashed potatoes (Steam n' Mash Russet Potatoes, made according to package directions)
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 0.5 (8 ounce) box lasagna noodles, cooked al dente
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 4 vidalia onions, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the Steam n' Mash Russet Potatoes according to package directions.
- Sauté the onions in the butter until cooked through, but not browned. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray a 9" x 13" casserole with non-stick pan spray.
- Place a layer of noodles on the bottom of the casserole; spread about ½ of the potatoes on top of the noodles.
- Sprinkle with ½ of the grated cheese and top with 1/3 of the onion / butter mixture.
- Repeat this step; ending with the final third of the onion / butter mixture. Cover with foil and bake the casserole for 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.