Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I am Hainanese, so when I cook chicken, does it make it hainanese chicken? Anyways, as my nick suggests, I do not like to spend too much time cooking but I do not like to sacrifice on taste too. So this is my take on how you can whip up a comforting steam chicken with broth to ease up the day's tension. You can use any part of the chicken really, I just prefer the breast meat (but I am really a butt person)
- Wash chicken, remove skin.
- Slice chicken into bite size pieces about 0.5cm thickness. Wash your hands.
- Put the smashed garlic and sliced ginger into a soup dish or any plate that can hold water.
- Place the chicken on top.
- Add in the all the seasoning then pour in the water.
- If the steamer is already boiling then steam for about 8 to 10 minutes It is important not to over steam the breast meat as it tends to get a bit dry and tough. If using an autorice cooker type steamer, the default setting should be alright.
- Serve with rice. Goes well with chicken rice chilli (sour garlic chilli) and dark soya sauce as condiments.
- Note: If you intend to use stock instead of water, then omit the Maggi seasoning.