Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
A quick and easy way to serve steaks. Found this in a magazine many years ago.
- 2 beef steaks (In NewZealand I use either fillet or scotch fillet steaks)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 60 g butter or 1 -2 tablespoon oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Heat butter or oil in a non stick pan.
- Flatten steaks slightly and spread with crushed garlic, salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place steaks in hot pan and cook quickly to desired taste turning only once.
- Lift out steaks when ready and keep handy.
- Quickly add the brandy and worcestershire sauce, mix well and bring to boil.
- Return steaks to pan and turn in the sauce.
- Serve at once.
My mom always used butter and Wocestershire sauce on T bone steaks growing up. The brandy in this recipe sounds like a wonderful addition.