Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This sauce really brings out the good flavor in a pan seared steak.
- 2 boneless beef top loin steaks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Heat 12in skillet to very hot.
- Add steaks, sprinkle with salt; cook to desired doneness, 8 minutes for med.
- Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- To skillet add oil and onion; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in tomato paste and wine and bring to a boil; cook 1 minute.
- Add broth and Worcestershire; heat through.
- Pour juices from steaks into sauce; serve with steaks.
The blend of flavors in the sauce was very pleasing, and it complimented the steak very well in addition to being quite easy to prepare. This was one of my choices for Pick Your Chef #3.