1/1 Photo of Steaks With Sherried Crab Cream
The Big Cheese's Note:
I fix this every Christmas. It's not just for special occasions, because it tastes so good you'll want it anytime. Easy to fix, delicious to eat. I cannot remember where the recipe originated, but I found it in a newspaper long ago. My clipping got so frayed that I typed it up so that I wouldn't lose it forever.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the butter in a 2 cup glass measure and microwave uncovered at high until almost melted, about 45 seconds. Meanwhile, separate the eggs yolks into a small dish and reserve the whites for another use. Beat the yolks well with a fork. Remove the butter from the microwave and stir until completely melted.
- 2Stir the yolks, cream and sherry into the butter. Microwave the mixture at high, uncovered, for 1 minute and 15 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds with a fork. When done, the sauce will be slightly thick and will register 140 degrees on an instant-read thermometer. Do not overcook or the sauce will curdle. Remove the sauce from the microwave, cover with plastic wrap, and set aside.
- 3To cook the steaks (see note) heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet at medium-high. Add the steaks and begin to cook until they reach the desired degree of doneness, turning halfway through cooking. NOTE: I use 4 ounce, 1-1/2 inch thick filet mignons to medium rare, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- 4While the steaks cook, drain the crab meat and add it to the reserved sauce. Add the lemon juice and stir well. When the steaks are almost done, warm the sauce in the microwave, uncovered, on high for about 1 minute, stirring at 30 seconds.
- 5To serve, pour about 2/3 cup sauce over each steak.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steaks With Sherried Crab Cream
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.6
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 210.4 mg
- Sodium 254.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless beef steaks