Recipe by HeatherFeather
These were so peppery and moist and overall yummy. Originally from Robin Miller's Quick Fix show, with my alterations. Use a mortar and pestle to coarsely grind the peppercorns, or bash them with a rolling pin inside a towel wrapped bag. On her show, Robin used all orange marmalade and it was full sugar; she also used a red onion, I used Vidalia.
- 6 (4 ounce) trimmed sirloin steaks
- 2 tablespoons peppercorns, crushed well (any mix of colors)
- salt, to taste
- olive oil, as needed
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade (I used sugar free)
- 1⁄2 cup peach preserves (I used full sugar on this one) or 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves (I used full sugar on this one)
- 1 cup sweet onions (Vidalia) or 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced in half moons
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- (Place peppercorns in a plastic bag, cover with towel, and mash them with the flat side of a meat mallet or rolling pin until finely crushed.).
- Season both sides of steaks lightly with salt and add to bag with crushed peppercorn melange, rubbing so that the peppercorns stick to the meat.
- When ready to cook, heat a small amount of oil (enough to prevent sticking) in a large skillet over medium-medium high heat.
- Add steaks and sear 2 minutes per side, until browned.
- Meanwhile, nn a small bowl, mix together orange marmalade,preserves,sliced onions and Worcestershire sauce.
- Spoon over steaks and and cook 5-8 minutes, until sauce thickens and steaks are cooked through to your liking, lowering or raising heat as needed.