Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this on www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com and it sounds very rich and absolutely delicious. This won 1st place in the National Beef Cook-Off in the "Inspired By" category. Think I'll make this for my DH on Valentine's Day. Preparation time includes cooking time.
- 32 ounces beef round tip steaks, cut 1 inch thick (four 8oz steaks)
- 4 slices bacon, thick-sliced cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 shallots, small and thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, diced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Cook bacon in nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove bacon with slotted spoon to paper towels, reserving 2 to 3 tablespoons drippings in skillet; set aside.
- Meanwhile combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in small bowl.
- Add shallots; toss to coat.
- Heat bacon drippings over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add shallots and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until well browned, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from skillet with slotted spoon to paper towels; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Season beef steaks evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Place steaks in same skillet; cook 14 to 15 minutes for medium rare doneness, turning occasionally (do not overcook).
- Remove to serving platter; season with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms and water to skillet then cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add cream and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until cream is almost absorbed.
- Stir in cheese and bacon.
- Spoon mushroom mixture over steaks and top with shallots & parsley.