Kat's Mom's Note:
Found this on www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com and it sounds very rich and absolutely delicious. This won 1st place in the National Beef Cook-Off in the "Inspired By" category. Think I'll make this for my DH on Valentine's Day. Preparation time includes cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 32 ounces beef round tip steaks, cut 1 inch thick (four 8oz steaks)
- 4 slices bacon, thick-sliced cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 shallots, small and thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, diced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1Cook bacon in nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- 2Remove bacon with slotted spoon to paper towels, reserving 2 to 3 tablespoons drippings in skillet; set aside.
- 3Meanwhile combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in small bowl.
- 4Add shallots; toss to coat.
- 5Heat bacon drippings over medium-high heat until hot.
- 6Add shallots and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until well browned, stirring occasionally.
- 7Remove from skillet with slotted spoon to paper towels; set aside.
- 8Reduce heat to medium.
- 9Season beef steaks evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 10Place steaks in same skillet; cook 14 to 15 minutes for medium rare doneness, turning occasionally (do not overcook).
- 11Remove to serving platter; season with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and keep warm.
- 12Add mushrooms and water to skillet then cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- 13Add cream and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until cream is almost absorbed.
- 14Stir in cheese and bacon.
- 15Spoon mushroom mixture over steaks and top with shallots & parsley.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steaks With Mushrooms, Bleu Cheese & Frizzled Shallots
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.9
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 38.4 mg
- Sodium 897.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef round tip steaks