Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you enjoy a nice kick to your steaks, you would enjoy this wonderful blend. The spice blend makes up alot, but can be stored and used on further steaks. This recipe comes from Bon Appetit
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dill seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- Combine spice blend in blender and chop finely. Transfer to small container. (Can be prepared 2 months ahead. Cover tightly and store in refrigerator.).
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon herb-spice blend on each side of each steak. Grill or broil steaks to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.