Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a "30 Minute Apron Meal" from Publix. Very good served with Fettuccine Alfredo, or a nice fresh veggie ( you can cook your fettuccine while your steaks are cooking and all should come up at the same time!) Also, this recipe is for 4 servings, but I only do 2, and then pour the extra over the steaks.
- 1⁄4 cup garlic and herb butter (I make my own, but you can buy it)
- 1⁄2 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flat iron steaks (I use strip steaks)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- Combine butter and cheese in small bowl until blended; set aside.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes.
- Season both sides of steaks with salt and pepper.
- Place oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add steaks;cook 5–7 minutes on each side or until meat is well-browned and internal temperature reaches 145°F (for medium-rare). Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure desired temperature. Remove steaks from pan.
- Drain any excess oil from pan; return pan to heat. Deglaze with wine.
- To deglaze: pour wine into pan and loosen browned bits of food left on bottom.
- Cook 3–4 minutes or until liquid has reduced almost completely.
- Return steaks to pan. Add butter mixture; turn steaks until butter melts and steaks are coated.
- Serve immediately.
This was so easy and so delicious. My husband was telling me to put it in the "keeper" file after the first (of many) bites. I used the flat iron steak but did sub port for the white wine. I'm sure it would be delicious either way.
I made this about a month ago from the Aprons recipe. It was delicious, although I think serving it with the suggested fettucine alfredo was a bit too much (too rich). It's definitely a great steak dinner.