Recipe by Teri
This is a "30 Minute Apron Meal" from Publix. Very good served with Fettuccine Alfredo, or a nice fresh veggie ( you can cook your fettuccine while your steaks are cooking and all should come up at the same time!) Also, this recipe is for 4 servings, but I only do 2, and then pour the extra over the steaks.
Top Review by Diana A.
This was so easy and so delicious. My husband was telling me to put it in the "keeper" file after the first (of many) bites. I used the flat iron steak but did sub port for the white wine. I'm sure it would be delicious either way.
- 1⁄4 cup garlic and herb butter (I make my own, but you can buy it)
- 1⁄2 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flat iron steaks (I use strip steaks)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter and cheese in small bowl until blended; set aside.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes.
- Season both sides of steaks with salt and pepper.
- Place oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add steaks;cook 5–7 minutes on each side or until meat is well-browned and internal temperature reaches 145°F (for medium-rare). Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure desired temperature. Remove steaks from pan.
- Drain any excess oil from pan; return pan to heat. Deglaze with wine.
- To deglaze: pour wine into pan and loosen browned bits of food left on bottom.
- Cook 3–4 minutes or until liquid has reduced almost completely.
- Return steaks to pan. Add butter mixture; turn steaks until butter melts and steaks are coated.
- Serve immediately.