Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Tender juicy steaks dripping with herb butter makes this a crowd pleaser. Use a quality cut to truly enjoy this.
- 4 (1 lb) steaks (ribeye, t-bone, sirloin, each steak approx. 1 lb)
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup salted butter
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Select steaks approx 1 inch thick. Allow steaks to come to room temperature so they cook quickly and evenly.
- Place slightly softened butter, garlic, cilantro, paprika and lemon juice in food processor, and pulse until well blended. Refrigerate resulting herb butter.
- Salt and pepper steaks.
- Grill steaks uncovered on hot bbq for 5 minutes on one side. Don't worry if it flames a bit.
- After 5 minutes, turn steaks, place lid on BBQ, close top vent half-way and cook about 8 minutes more. During this period, be sure to turn steaks every two minutes for even cooking. This should give you medium-rare to medium doneness.
- Remove steaks from grill.
- Place large dollops of herb butter on steaks, and allow steaks to rest 5 minutes on plate, covered, so juices get re-absorbed. This 5 minutes is a great time to use the BBQ to grill some veggies. I make grilled zucchini, yellow squash and portabella mushrooms. After grilling veggies, add some of the herb butter to them.
- For best flavor, use a charcoal grill with mesquite natural charcoal, but you can use a gas grill.