Steaks With Caramel - Brandy Sauce
- Sprinkle steaks evenly with the salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add steaks, and cook 3 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks from skillet; keep warm while preparing the sauce.
- Add brandy to skillet, stirring to loosen residue from bottom of the skillet. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter and sugar, and cook, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves and browns.
- Remove skillet from heat; whisk in cream until blended. Return to heat, and bring to boil; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until thickened. Serve immediately over steaks. Garnish with chives, if desired.