Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
from Southern Living 2003 Annual Cookbook. Posting it here for safekeeping
- 4 (6 ounce) beef tenderloin fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- fresh chives, for garnish
- Sprinkle steaks evenly with the salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add steaks, and cook 3 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks from skillet; keep warm while preparing the sauce.
- Add brandy to skillet, stirring to loosen residue from bottom of the skillet. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter and sugar, and cook, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves and browns.
- Remove skillet from heat; whisk in cream until blended. Return to heat, and bring to boil; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until thickened. Serve immediately over steaks. Garnish with chives, if desired.